- Look before you sit on the bus. 18% of seats have unclassified liquids on them.
- Bring a jacket. Everywhere. Every day of the year.
- Everyone stares at their smart phone while walking (and many while biking!), so get ready to perform some evasive maneuvers.
- Yes, that's poop.
- The bums directing traffic don't actually work for the city.
- While driving, make sure one hand is hovering over the horn at all times. Someone will inevitably attempt to crash into you or cut you off.
- Learn the difference between the diverse neighbors before settling into one. You'll be thankful you selected a hood that fits your style, budget, and safety concerns. And since it is super expensive to rent or buy in most of San Francisco you may want to check out the East Bay first, while you scope out the neighborhoods in SF.
- "Never follow a hippie to a second location" [Jack, 30 Rock].
- Yes, that's poop
Have you visited or live in San Francisco? Please share your tips and horror stories in the comments.