Whereas shelter-in-place is something we are all too familiar with in this COVID world we are forced to exist in.
I found some striking similarities between this game and our current landscape:
- If I venture too far from my shelter I start to feel uneasy
- When I come across a stranger I approach with extreme caution
- I’m becoming better at crafting random things than I ever anticipated
- I spend far too much time sorting my inventory and tossing out junk items
- Danger lurks outside and is constantly trying to kill me
- A shiny stone in the road is probably the most interesting thing I’ll see today
- I fatigue easily
- Everyone just seems sad
- The air is toxic and there aren’t enough masks to go around
- Just when you think you are almost out of the woods you realize you are still lost
I’m only on chapter 2 so I suspect more parallels will unveil themselves later. Stay safe out there everyone.